Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Decisions, decisions...

Sorry I have been MIA... I just hate tax season even though I work in the audit department! For some reason, the deadlines are the same! UGHH... so here I am working 10 hr days and Saturdays with no personal life!

On top of that I'm trying to get a new job, and the interviewing process is KILLING me! And I'm about to stop interviewing and keeping the job I have.. which by the way I totally hate!

So the 1 company I really liked, for which I went in for a second and final round, decided on Monday that they were not going to hire anybody! They are keeping the temps they have for a while! So after 2 months of interviews, letters, and waiting... I'm back to square 1!

Jorge and I had decided that if I didn't get a new job... we were going back to the RE and maybe back to fertility meds. So after I got the NO on Monday, I made an appointment for next Thursday, March 11 at noon. Guess what? I got a call from another job I interviewed for, that I'm a finalist and that there is a final round of interviews either tomorrow or Monday for which they will confirm later today. So now what to do??

This other job, I like it, but honestly I'm not that excited about I don't know why. The working hours are 830 to 630, and I was looking for more of an 830-5 schedule. The company is big, about 2500 employees, but their headquarters are in Illinois, and their Latin American Division just moved to Miami at the end of 2009, and for now there is a lot of work and very few people working, which means lots of stress! Positive thing is 1) Great company for my resume, 2) No work on Saturdays 3) BlueCross insurance, which most likely means IVF is covered! I checked and in Illinois is mandatory, and the plan they have has it, but I'm not sure how that works when is transferred to Florida, but I think we have a big chance of having it covered.

Also, we have a trip to either Spain, London or Italy (still debating with Jorge) for April, my bday week (April 21st). So we don't know what to do anymore! So here is the recap, and maybe you can help me decide! We have saved so much for this trips, that I'm soo excited!!

Trips:

1) Europe on April for 1 week
2) Memorial Day weekend (Cruise weekend, my MIL is coming and is Jorge's 30th bday)
3) Going for 4 days to Ecuador for a wedding in mid June
4) Going to Mexico for 4 days for my cousins wedding in August 14th.

Jobs:

1) Current: Lower salary, 3 weeks of vacation/sick, flexibility, but hate it
2) Prospective: 10K more in salary, 2 weeks of vacation and 9 sick days, working hrs 830-630, don't know if I will like it.
3) Keep applying for other jobs, but its getting tougher! Not that many jobs available!

Treatments:

1) Another Femara cycle in March (after my appt next week) if RE thinks we should and IVF either after the Femara cycle or right away if Re thinks we should
2) My Dad just sold a property and that is the reason why he can pay for it, and Jorge is scared that if we wait too long, he might not have it available anymore.
3) Wait out until new job, and insurance will pay for it! Doing it around September.
4) Keep my job, do a Femara cycle as soon as AF arrives, and if it doesn't work wait until August after my Mexico trip to do an IVF cycle which will be paid by my parents.

So what will you do?? Please help me out! Im keeping the appointment anyways... to see if the RE wants 1 more Femara cycle or moving straight to IVF... but I need to decide what to do if I get an offer from the new job, or if I keep mine, when I should do the IVF cycle!

Decisions, decisions...

3 comments:

Alex said...

Wow, that's a lot of stuff going on! About the Blue Cross Blue Shield thing, it should work out for you guys because that's kind of how we have it through Ben's work. We are in Oklahoma,his company is based in Connecticut but they use BCBS of NY for their employee plans. So while we have have a BCBS here in OK, we still use the NY one because that's what his company offers, regardless of what state their employees work in, and they're nation-wide.... does that make sense?

Pray hard girl, and keep your options open! I'm sure you'll know what to do when the time comes. I'll be praying for ya! :)

K said...

Wow, so much going on! I would DEFINITELY take the job, that is just my personal opinion on it, for the salary and the health coverage!

I'd go to Italy or Spain of the 3 choices lol.

and I would take your Dad up on the offer for IVF, because in all honesty, having a child is one of the things you guys want most.

But it is so much easier to say what you would do, without being in that situation.

I hope everything works out!

KIM said...

All I can say is follow what your heart says.. i will say prayers for you - I can only imagine your anxiety! Sending you ((((hugs)))) and prayers!