Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Fetal Echo Cardiogram appointment

We had a fetal echo cardiogram appointment yesterday with Dr Mass. First of all the reason they sent me was because Arella was not cooperating in the past 2 u/s and he couldn't get a good view of the 4 chambers and the position of the heart, he thought she might have it a little deviated to the left.

We waited about 2 hrs to be seen, but the Dr was great and Arella definitely liked her and the technician. She was now in a breach/vertex position, but she was moving ALL over the place. They were able to take all the measurements they wanted and got very good pictures.

They congratulate me for all the water I'm drinking, they said I'm doing a great job! And that she has a penthouse in there and has a lots of room, no wonder I feel huge. They didn't weight her nor measure her, but they thought she looked like a big baby girl. The tech was amazed of how much she moves, he said I have a little dancer in there!

Diagnostic: She has a perfect anatomy and position of the heart, they were able to get a perfect view of her four chambers, aorta, and everything was flowing perfectly. She did notice though that she has a little bit of fetal arrhythmia or an extra beat but its very infrequent, she said its very common and that most of the time it resolves when she is born. She also said that maybe she just grew a lot in this past 2-3 days and that next week she probably wont have it anymore, so we are getting another look on Tuesday. If she still has it, we just have to check her when she is born and make sure that the valve is closed.

We trust in God 100% and we are sure if will resolve on its own, she is perfect and I'm glad it was nothing serious. I cant wait for tomorrow to see how much she weights! I will post the pics of the u/s in a few... she was opening and closing her mouth, sticking her tongue out and yawning, so cute!

No comments: