Let me start by saying that Dr E was my first pick when we decided we wanted to see an RE. Unfortunately he does not take my insurance. My OB, which I love, works in the 2
nd floor and Dr E is in the 4
th floor, so of course they referred me to him. As I said, they
didn't take my insurance so we went ahead with our second pick, Dr O. I do love my RE, but it got to a point were he
didn't want to try anything new, nor do more testings ... he wanted to go straight to
IVF, which for us it
isn't an option yet.
A friend of mine goes to Dr E. and she had told me about an
IVF trial coming, so she suggested to at least have a consultation with them so that I would be in their records once the trial opens up. (They expect the trial to open late 2009 or beginning of 2010). So I gave them a call, and the cost for the consultation was $295, too much for us now. So I went ahead and explained her my situation, and she said "OH for second opinions its free! "
We had our consultation yesterday, we went over all my history and he reviewed all my results except for the
NKA results since I was having a hard time collecting them from
SIRM. I actually got my results from the lab today and fax them over.
Here is a summary of the appointment:
Positive:
- He said my ovaries, uterus, tubes, everything looks healthy
- I stimulate great with the
meds, he said I had a high chance of multiples and that he would have cancelled some of my cycles!
- My estrogen, progesterone,
fsh, etc looks great
-
I'm still young and lots of chances of being a mommy
Negative:
- We still
don't have an answer to why I keep m/c.
He said he disagreed on why we used
injectables to soon, it was not worth it and more a risk of multiples. He said why not try
Femara first. He believes I have an immune problem and he would like me to do some more testing on that. He will decide what as soon as he reviews my
NKA results. He thinks if
IUI worked, why try
IVF, he said I
shouldn't go on that route yet, there are still other options before that.
I had an u/s done, where he said everything looked perfect and guess what... I OED FROM BOTH OVARIES WITHOUT
MEDS! He was surprised !!! Definitely ovulating is not a problem! My lining looked great, and everything else was perfect. I do have a cyst from one of the
eggies, he wants to see me on CD3 to make sure is gone.
After we do the testing on the immune problems, he wants us to do a
FEMARA+
IUI cycle. My DH is so ready for all this but
I'm certainly not.
I was already set to the idea of no more treatments for a while,
I'm just not ready to do this again, at least not yet. Not ready for a
BFN, not ready for another m/c. But the Dr believes we shouldn't loose more time... what to do?
Any advise is more than welcome!! I
don't know what to do!! What would you do if you were me?? Keep in mind its about 1,200 per cycle for which I will need to empty my 401K (I have about 2,500 though since the rest I took it as a loan last year).