Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Birth Story!

Today is the BIG DAY!! November 16, 2010!! Our dream will come true!!

I got the call from the hospital at 6 in the morning to be there at 730am for induction. We got to the hospital, checked in and I was in a room at around 8:30am. By 9am Dr G got in and checked me and I was at 3cm, so he broke my water and started Pitocin.

My Dr came in at 10am, Dr P, he said he will check me again at 1pm to see how I was doing. He upped my Pitocin and my contractions picked up!! By around 11am I asked for the epidural, the Dr and the nurse both told me it was better so that I was not in much pain by the time I asked for one. My contractions were 3 minutes apart and apparently very strong.

At 1pm when he checked me I was 4.5cm... not much progress, and Arella was still sunny side up. So they made me move from side to side and checked me at 2pm... when I was 5cm and she was still in the same position. He said he will wait until 430pm to decide if we needed a c-section.

At 430pm he checked me, and I was 5.5cm, so not progressing much, and she was still sunny side up and on station -1, he tried to rotate her a couple of times but nothing worked. So we decided by 5pm it was time for a c-section. I really wanted a vaginal delivery, but I had to trust my Dr that this was the best for us and the baby, all we wanted was her out happy and healthy.

My husband came with me, and my cousin Caro too, she is studying to be a anesthesiologist and they let her in!! The anesthesiologist gave me the anesthesia even before we got to the OR... I was prepped fairly quickly!

At 5:36pm Arella was born!! She was 9lb 1.2 oz and 20.5 inches!!!! She is perfect in every way and we couldn't be more happier!! We feel soo blessed!! She has a head full of hair, after so many u/s saying she had none!! Now we know why she couldn't go down, she was sooo big!! Even the Dr was impressed of how big she was!!

Recovery was not that good... I got the worst shivering for about 2hrs non stop!! I also think they put me a lot of anesthesia because I couldn't open my eyes until about 3am!! The pain wasn't that bad.. they took my catheter out at around 7am but I need to have it back on at 2pm but they took it out right away. Pain was worst the 2nd and 3rd day, but after that I started feeling better every day.

At the hospital, we sent her to the nursery, we were advise to do it so we could get some rest, I was also in pain too. On Friday we came home, and even though its exhausting its the best feeling in the world!!

All the wait was worth it, our little princess is more than what we ever asked and dreamed of!!

Thank God for our little miracle!! :)

I will post pics soon!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

congratulations! What a lovely birth story. Can you believe it? You have your little baby! I'm just so happy for you guys.

Also wanted to add, I had Ashley in the nursery a lot those first few days. I just felt miserable after my c-section and I needed to recover. So I took advantage while I could. Because its so true, when you get home, there are no real breaks anymore. =-) Can't wait to see more pics and hear more about sweet Arella.

Alex said...

Oh Ana she is precious!!! I'm so glad everything turned out ok despite the c-section! Hope you're feeling better and enjoying every second of mommyhood! Can't wait to see more pics! *hugs*