Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 9, 2010

Passed my glucose but...

I got a call from My Drs nurse, I passed the glucose test!! YAY!! I got an 87 which she said was perfect :)

But... I'm anemic! I have never been anemic in my whole life! I eat VERY good, I'm such a good eater! I'm still eating great, protein, fruits, vegetables, beans, milk... and I have been taking my prenatals every day! She said I'm a bit anemic, but I need to start on iron pills because as the pregnancy progresses it could get worse. So I'm taking one tablet of slowfe a day and I guess they will check my iron again on my next appointment.

I'm also eating lots of fiber, I have heard that iron makes you even more constipated! Like if I don't have enough with my constipation! So I'm hoping it doesn't make it that bad!

Everything else is going great, Arella moves a lot and is soo reassuring! I do get lots of braxton hicks, specially at night... but what can you expect when I'm in the middle of packing and moving :)

2 comments:

Corn said...

I was anemic with Elena too, but this one I am not. I had to take iron pill...slow ezz i think i got and drank in the AM with a glass of OJ to make my stomach not so upset....fyi ;) but yay to passing the glucose that is no fun if you don't pass :)

Jennifer Terrero said...

HEY!!! Text me when you can. I sent you a message through FB but I'm not sure if you got it.