Welcome to our blog! After many months of thinking of doing one, I finally decided to start one!
I guess I will start with a little background on us. We are both from Ecuador and we met when I was 17 and Jorge was 20. My family decided to move to the States and on Jan 2001 we moved to Miami, FL. Jorge came to visit me on March and decided to stay! :)
I got my AA degree in Business here in Miami, and moved to Gainesville (Univ of Florida) to finish my Bachelors in Accounting. I graduated in May 2004 and decided to move back to Miami and look for a job. A month later Jorge proposed and we got married in March 19, 2005. I started Grad School a couple of months after we got married and got a Masters in Accounting. I work at a CPA firm as an Auditor since 2005.
In 2007 we decided to start a family, never thinking it would be such a long road. I went to the Dr for a general checkup and after u/s and b/w he decided I was not ovulating on my own. After 3 Clomid cycles and no BFP, we decided to look for an RE. After lots of b/w, u/s, HSG, and DH s/a, we were told that I do O on my own but late in my cycle. Charts show I O on my own between CD18 and CD22. My first cycle with the RE (Sept 07) was a combination of Clomid and Follistim which resulted in a BFP, only to m/c at 5.5 weeks after very low betas.
We took 2 months off and started again, this time an Injectables cycle which again resulted on a BFP. After several u/s, we were told that it was a blighted ovum, and at 9 weeks we had a D&C. Our little baby was tested since they suspected chromosomal problems, and we found out he was a perfect healthy baby boy.
We took a break for a while, and tried 2 more cycles which resulted on BFNs. The Dr suspected endo from family history and symptoms, and on July 08 we had a laparoscopy which confirmed I have Endo Stage 1. We waited 2 cycles and started again on an injectable cycle which resulted on a BFN. After such a long road and being physically and emotionally tired, we have decided to take a break until at least 2009. We will be doing acupuncture since we have heard many success stories from it.
We have decided to enjoy our time together, travel, pay off debts, and hoping God surprises us with a miracle down the road.
I know must of the people don't understand how hard is to struggle to get and maintain pregnant and believe that just by relaxing and not thinking about it, it will happen. Thanks to God I have found great friends that have supported us during this ttc journey and that have been there for me always. Thanks!!!!
Anthony is 14. Ashley is 11.
5 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment