Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 11, 2009

Post-op appointment....

I had my post op appointment today! I can't believe it has been almost 4 weeks since the D&C... I'm expecting AF to arrive by the end of next week!

Bad news is.... there was not enough tissue to test the baby :( I was so excited thinking I was going to know the sex of the baby and any chromosomal abnormalities he might have had... but I guess that wasn't Gods plan...

He basically said I have an unexplained case and that my next step is IVF, which I knew already. He said before that I need an SIS and DH will need a new S/A... and we are ready to go! Price is 9K for the basic plus meds. He thinks I might not need ICSI, PGD, nor assisted hatching but we will know about that after the retrieval.

I mentioned him about the natural killer cells and he said that there is inconclusive studies on it so that is why he doesn't do it... but I will do it anyways! :)

I asked him why if my main problem is to maintain a pregnancy, why I cant get preggo on my own?? He said, well very good question... there is no reason why!! So we have both unexplained infertility and unexplained m/cs....

I will be traveling to Ecuador for Memorial weekend and seeing the best Dr there... just for another opinion. Its way cheaper... about 3,500 for the whole thing... and he has great success rates.

So the plan is.... if I DO have the natural killer cells... IVF will be done at SIRM, if I dont have it maybe the option will be Ecuador. If I win the lotto it will be done at my RE! LOL We are planning on doing it on November.

I will keep searching for IVF trials in Miami, since those are my first options, but if not we have a plan.

I feel great not ttcing for a while and focusing on other things... Nov will be here in no time!!!

Thanks for everyone's support!! And thanks for all my blog comments, I feel so blessed to have such good friends!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!

1 comment:

Elsie Hall said...

Ana-I'm so sorry you weren't able to find out more about your LO, but I'm encouraged with you over the news that you may have some answers as to why this has been happening to you over and over. I'll be praying for peace as you wait. Last summer was actually a really good summer for me when I took a break from everything. By the time we went back for our transfer, I felt like I'd had a good break :-) So enjoy the beaches and the exercise!